Steak Sandwich – So easy and so luxurious
There is nothing nicer than the simplicity of a perfect Steak Sandwich, in fact an Easy Luxury Sandwich.
Made with the finest ingredients, the boys will love you forever 🙂 I promise!!
Delicious tender steak, sandwiched between crunchy ciabatta, with soft fried onions, mushroom, rocket and mustard a marriage made in heaven
How do you make a steak sandwich?
For this one you use crunchy baked Ciabatta, onions, mushrooms, mature cheddar, melting, watercress or rocket and lovely tender medium rare steak!
It really is a delight, really it is! In fact my mouth is watering just writing this
It’s crunchy and soft and packed with flavour all at the same time!
So so good, my Ex reckons I could sell them for £20 a piece they are so great!
So give it a go……
What’s the perfect cut of steak for your sandwich?
Please make sure you buy the best steak you can, rump is perfect as it’s so full of flavour.
To have a beautifully tender sarnie buy the best you can?!
Remember to rest your steak and then slice it very finely before you pop it in your sandwich.
And don’t forget those lovely juices in the pan. Drizzle them over the steak on the sandwich
This sandwich is such a delight and so much more than just a plain old sarnie!
One of our household faves and particularly good on football days …… so I’m told….
What to serve with your Rump Steak Sarnie
Serves 2 or one VERY hungry person
So if you really want you could serve it with fries on the side, but to be honest it’s enough on it’s own for sure!
Please have a go
And yes it does taste as good as it looks, if not better
Easy Ciabatta Steak Sandwich
Just look at the crunchy ciabatta, packed with lovely mushrooms, onions and steak!!!
Yum Yum Yum
Drop me a comment let me know what you think.
Healthy Chips with your steak?
Oh and if you’d like chips with your ciabatta here’s your perfect recipe – so good, go have a look!
And if you love a Man Sandwich
Here’s a selection of sandwiches made by Matt
Easy Steak Sandwich
- 200 g Rump Steak
- Drizzle of Olive Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic - halved
- 150 g Mushrooms any type sliced
- 1 Red Onion - sliced thinly
- Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 3 slices well Matured Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Part Baked 12' ish Ciabatta
- Good handful Rocket or Watercress or both
- Any mustard - to taste
- Preheat the oven to pack instructions on the Ciabatta packet
- Remove the Rump steak from the fridge - drizzle with olive oil, season and take the halved garlic clove and rub over the raw steak
- In a frying pan heat a drizzle of Olive oil and fry your onions and mushroom until tender In a second frying pan, (get it really hot) and then put your rump steak straight in, you want a sizzle, cook for 2-3 minutes each side, depending on how you like it cooked.
- Remove from the heat, cover with foil and leave it to rest for at least 6 minutes
- Bake your Ciabatta the oven.
- When baked remove and carefully slice down the middle longways, add 3 slices of mature cheddar to the top half of the Ciabatta and pop in the oven for a couple of minutes to melt (don't forget it)
- Meanwhile slice your rump steak into very fine strips
- On the remaining half of Ciabatta add the steak and juices from the pan , then the onion and mushroom on top of that
- Remove the other half of the Ciabatta from the oven and on the Cheese half, add the watercress & rocket and then mustard
- Finally pop it together and slice into 3