Easy Tuna Nicoise Salad – Light Fresh and totally delicious!
Just look at all those colours, how fresh and tasty does this Easy Tuna Nicoise Salad look?
Well let me tell you it tastes as good as it looks, I promise
a delicious combination of tuna, tomatoes, warm new potatoes, olives, onions, eggs, green beans, lemon juice – so delicious
Tuna Nicoise a really filling salad
This lovely Easy Tuna Nicoise Salad is a favourite in my house. It’s light (but really filling), fresh and totally delicious!
It’s a perfect French classic for a light mid week supper
It really feels like a good nutritious filling meal.
Beautiful warm new potatoes, fresh or tinned tuna, boiled eggs and so much more and – oh so delicious.
Tinned Tuna or Fresh Tuna for your salad?
You can use tinned tuna no problemo it still tastes amazing.
But as -a special treat try it with fresh tuna – so meaty and tasty and so filling!
I don’t eat enough fish for sure. This is a great way of making sure you do
The lemon juice really does finish it off and it has such a fresh feel!
Have you tried it? I really think you should.
So flipping tasty I promise you.
My whole family loves it, if fact I don’t even call it a salad – it’s fish and potatoes 🙂
Salade niçoise – what is it?
(French pronunciation: [niˈswaz]) is a salad that originated in the French city of Nice.
It’s traditionally made of tomatoes, hard-boiled eggs, Niçoise olives and dressed with olive oil.
It’s been popular worldwide since the early 20th century, and has been prepared and discussed by many famous chefs.
Tuna Salad Nicoise
Whatever the rules about this salad, most recipes have green beans and potatoes – mine certainly does!
I just love this mega Easy Tuna Nicoise Salad
Oh and there is no need to serve with anything – Guess you could add some nice bread if you’re VERY hungry
Let me know what you think, I love your comments
Can I store my leftover Tuna Niçoise salad?
To be honest it’s best eaten immediately especially as it has dressing added. Literally a few hours is fine or maybe overnight but for no longer
You can of course prep your ingredients before hand – however once the dressing is on I’d get stuck in
Another Lovely Filling Salad
And if you love this salad then maybe try another lovely one I have – All Hail the Halloumi – have a look!
Go on mix it up a little and give these tasty salads a go, I’m sure you’ll enjoy them.
No limp boring salad leaves here, that’s a promise
The Slimming Group
I also have a Facebook Closed Group called Easy Peasy Slimming Style Recipes –
Come over and join this great honest community Facebook for Slimming Style Recipes if you’re interested
Just use the join button if you like real home cooked tasty easy food!!
We support encourage and laugh!!
Loads of tips and tricks – I promise
Big Love Clare x
Easy Tuna Nicoise Salad
- 290 g Tuna either 2 tins or 4 fresh pieces, any size
- 4 eggs Soft boiled
- 150 g Green beans
- 200 g Cherry Tomatoes
- 300 g Jersey Royals new Potatoes more if you like
- 1 Red Onion - thinly sliced
- 1/4 Cucumber sliced long ways into pieces
- 16 Pitted Black Olives halved
- A few Cos or baby Gem Lettuce leaves
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil reduce if Slimming
- Juice of 2 Lemons
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Boil new potatoes until soft approx. 25 minutes..
- In the meantime half cherry tomatoes.
- Wash and dry and roughly chop lettuce leaves
- Half pitted Olives.
- Chop cucumber.
- Slice red onion.
- Mix lemon juice, olive oil and salt and freshly ground black pepper in a small bowl
- Lightly boil green beans approx. 10 minutes, remove and drain
- (if using fresh tuna sear in a frying pan with a touch of olive oil for 3 minutes each side)
- Peel soft boiled Eggs and cut into 1/4’s
- Once potatoes are soft, drain and leave in pan. Tip in the olive oil & lemon dressing, stir.
- Now its salad construction time!
- On each plate start with lettuce and mix with all ingredients
- Add green beans and potatoes (dripping in olive oil and lemon, there will be some left in the pan - you will need this)
- Finally if using fresh tuna place on top, or break tinned tuna into chunks and mix in the salad!
- Finally drizzle with remaining lemon juice and olive oil left in the pan. Now Dig in and enjoy, its fresh and simple…