Easter Cupcakes – Chocolate Chip
Oh my word these cute little choc chip cupcakes are perfect for Easter (or anytime to be fair 🙂 ). Easter Cupcakes! Hurrah
I love a bit of baking at Easter – do you?
Vanilla cupcakes with chocolate chips, topped with chocolate buttercream, chocolate mini eggs and matchmakers – yummy!!!
Lots of chocolate for Easter Baking?
Well it is Easter after all!
Get the kids baking!
And you don’t just need to make these at Easter – just when you fancy a treat!
You could always use other sweets too?
Like Malteasers, Kitkats, sweeties, smarties or whatever you ike.
I think I’m going to make them with those chocolate Golden Eggs!!
But what is a cupcake? Or even an Easter Cupcake
Well according to Wikipedia
A cupcake (also British English: fairy cake; Hiberno-English: bun; Australian English: fairy cake or patty cake) is a small cake designed to serve one person, which may be baked in a small thin paper or aluminum cup.
As with larger cakes, icing and other cake decorations such as fruit and candy may be applied.
So now we know!!
Just do it and have a go at these Easter Choc Chip Cupcakes! 🙂 oh and be sure to leave me a comment.
I love your comments – I really do!
Why do we eat Chocolate Eggs at Easter?
Well according to How it works website
Eggs are a potent symbol of life, renewal and rebirth dating back millennia.
The egg was adopted by early Christians as a symbol of the resurrection of Jesus Christ on Easter.
The hard shell of the egg represents the tomb and the emerging chick represents Jesus, whose resurrection conquered death.
The tradition of eating eggs on Easter is tied to Lent, the six-week period before Easter during which Christians traditionally abstained from all animal products, including meat, dairy and eggs.
Since chickens continue to lay eggs throughout Lent, people would hard boil the eggs, decorate them and save them for Easter.
The modern tradition of eating chocolate eggs at Easter is a fun, kid-friendly twist on this ancient religious ritual, which originated in Europe during the early-19th century.
Other Chocolate delights for Easter or anytime!
And if you’re loving the Easter Chocolate Baking, then why not have a go at this beauty!
My Easter Chocolate No Bake Tart with an Oreo crust – ah-mazing!
Thank you & be sure to let me know how you get on!!
Why not get the kids baking?
Easter Cupcakes Choc Chip!
- 200 g Butter softened
- 200 g Caster Sugar
- 4 Free-Range Eggs beaten
- 1/2 Vanilla pod or 1/2 teasp Vanilla Essence
- 200 g Self-Raising Flour
- 100 g Real Chocchips milk or plain whatever you fancy or chop a Good bar of chocolate into chunks
- Butter Icing
- 150 g Butter softened
- 300 g Icing sugar
- 75 g chocolate melted
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- Matchmakers and Mini eggs for decorating
- Cupcake cases - place in a muffin tin
- Pre-heat oven 190C(170 fan)/375F/Gas 5
- Cream butter and caster together until light and fluffy (if you have a mixer use it 🙂
- Add the beaten egg slowly, careful it doesn't curdle if it does add a couple of spoons of flour, whisk well
- Add the vanilla and whisk
- Finally fold in the flour with a wooden spoon, followed by the chocolate chunks - mix well
- Half fill the cases with the cake batter and bake for 20-25 mins on the middle shelf, until golden & firm to touch keep your eye on them.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool
- Make the Butter Icing by creaming the butter and icing sugar until smooth, add a drop of milk until you have the desired consistency (again use an electric mixer if you have one)
- Finally stir in the melted chocolate until smooth & glossy
- Pipe on top of the cooled cupcakes and decorate however you like …… Enjoy!