Massage Benefits – Tips for the Perfect Massage!
EPLS gets VERY brave!
Are you shocked? – I am! Tips for the perfect massage post, resulted in me in my pants!
It has literally taken me days to decide if to post a pic of me in my pants or not! Actually quite a big deal for me…..
So I wrote this Tips for the Perfect Massage post and I’ve been to-and-fro with myself – debating. But then why shouldn’t I? – Why not?
I’m just a normal curvy bird (a bit fat) but pretty average really. And it’s no worse than the bikini shots that I see plastered all over Facebook very often.
I would never have done this in my 30’s – but you know what, I’m older now and maybe it’s time we all stopped stressing about our bodies?
Embrace them ladies!!! Fact – most guys prefer a larger working surface anyway 🙂
And interestingly my only other choice was to buy photos from a photo site and guess what – they were all skinny model birds.
One thing I always hope, is that EPLS is REAL and remains real (shares the good, the bad and the ugly and laughs a lot) and so I bit the ‘BRAVE BULLET’ and here I am in my pants! (big ones at that!) see my first tip 🙂 !
I hope I don’t live to regret it.
I hope you support me are not offended and please remember I’ve done it for all the curvy normal girls out there.
Why should we be worried that we are not a Size 8 – surely as long as we are nice people and healthy then it’s ok?
So back to the point of this post:
Tips for the perfect massage! – honestly!
I love a good massage and I been really stressed just lately, so last night I though – sod this – I need to relax. My shoulders were somewhere around my ears and my posture was awful.
Also I had a stressy / fuzzy headache and this was day two.
I needed to give myself the chance to actually sleep – something else I’ve been struggling with lately!
I just needed fingers between my shoulder blades.
So I picked up the phone, booked it and off I went. Why not? I see it as an important thing to do and for me, really helpful.
The knots in my shoulders were immense -and I mean immense. I truly believe a massage relieves stress and it certainly alleviates the tension in your muscles (and your mind).
And it certainly improves your blood flow and circulation. So all in all a good idea!
So how do you get the best out of the massage experience?
1. Wear proper / big knickers – Why would you wear a thong? Why would you be uncomfortable? – trust me you will enjoy the massage way more when you know you are covered appropriately
2. Check out the salon, make sure you like the treatment room/s. Has it got windows? is it relaxing? – do this before you book – after all – you are paying probably around £1 per minute – so you need to have a comfortable / relaxing experience
3. Decide on what sort of massage you actually want. A relaxing one? Is it knot fighting? Sports related? Is it injury related? Make sure you and your therapist know the point of your visit and get the right treatment
4. Be vocal – very vocal – ask the therapist what oils are best for your symptoms etc, don’t be shy – you are paying! Tell them if you are hot or cold. Tell them any problem areas, areas to avoid etc. Scratch that itch – whatever it takes to have a good experience
5. And then finally, we get to the ever pressing question of ‘pressure.’ I usually start off saying ‘medium’ – then I tell the therapist if it’s too soft or hard. Direct pressure should feel a little uncomfortable and exquisitely intense, but not that painful. I have no qualms about asking for what I need and every therapist I’ve ever met is happy that you guide them – they too want you to have a good experience.
6. Oh and some lovely relaxing music – don’t forget the music
The benefits of massage are wonderful. I always try and schedule them for the evening. I go home post massage, leave the oils on my skin, in my hair, have a light dinner, drink plenty of water, have a warm bath and an early night – TOTAL BLISS
You should try it! Often!
Hope you enjoyed my – Tips for a perfect massage! – let me know your experiences?
You might also like my post on doing nothing for a week 🙂
Would you post a pic of yourself in your pants? Flipping heck – I just did 🙂