Potato Rosti Recipe with Smoked Salmon
This Potato Rosti Recipe with smoked salmon, is, let me tell you, up there with the best brunch recipes going – in my humble opinion
And no-one is saying they are only for brunch, of course they are not
So we have tasty, crispy and soft in the middle rosti potatoes, topped with slithers of delicious smoked salmon with dill, greek yoghurt and a touch of horseradish. (if you like)
And obviously if you want to make it even more luxurious then top with a poached egg and serve with wilted spinach
Potato Rosti Recipe
These rosti’s have taken a time to perfect, many different tests with different potatoes and combinations
I now make them very often and served with lots of different things
What are potato rosti’s?
A potato rosti îs made of coarsely grated potatoes (sometimes people add grated onion too) they are usually fried in a frying pan with oil or butter or in out case 1 cal spray
What potatoes are best in a Potato Rosti Recipe?
After much research – Maris Piper work best – just trust me on this
How do you make potato rosti’s?
- Basically you need to peel the potatoes (and onions)
- Then grate them using a standard box grater
- Then you need to squeeze all the moisture out of the grated potatoes, you’ll find there is a lot of water. I use an old clean tea-towel
- Once water has been removed you can mix with the other ingredients – full recipe on the recipe card at the bottom of this post
Then you just whack them in the pan
What can you serve with potato rosti’s?
In this recipe I am using smoked salmon as I love it, especially with yoghurt and lemon and dill!!
Yum – some of my favourite things
It’s a rather special breakfast / brunch to be honest. And not only does it taste amazing it looks quite fabulous too!
You can make a large one to indeed make smaller ones.
You can stack them and add any toppings you like, for example a poached egg, bacon, mushrooms etc
You can serve them basically with anything
Are you a sweet or a savoury brunch person?
I’m most definitely a savoury breakfast / brunch kinda girl
Are you? I do sort of understand the appeal of pancakes, muffins etc but give me savoury any day
I like to have fruit after this as a sort of pudding 🙂
The Easy Slimming Group
I also have a Facebook Closed Group called Easy Peasy Slimming Style Recipes .
Come over and join this great honest community Facebook for Easy Peasy Slimming Recipes if you’re interested
Just use the join button if you like real home cooked tasty easy food!!
We support encourage and laugh!!Loads of tips and tricks – I promise
Oh and why not join me on Instagram – I’d love to see you there 🙂
Other tasty Brunch Morsels
And if you liked this recipe I’m pretty sure you’d love my Breakfast cups too
Another Sunday Brunch recipe
I think brunch is possibly my favourite meal – love it!
I developed this on too – all made in one pan! Sunday Brunch – Go check it out
Thanks and happy brunching
Potato Rosti with Smoked Salmon
- 600g Potatoes - Maris Piper Peeled & grated
- 1 onion Peeled & Grated
- 1 teaspoon Plain Flour heaped
- 1 Egg Medium
- 1 cal Cooking Spray veg oil if you have the Syns/points
- 120 g Smoked Salmon
- 2 tablespoons Greek Yoghurt zero % Fat
- 1/2 teaspoon Creamed Horseradish optional
- Dill Fresh
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Grate your peeled potatoes using a box grater and pop in a large bowl
- Grate your peeled onion and add to the bowl, stir
- Take small handfuls of your grated potatoes & onion mix and squeeze in a tea towel / muslin, until all the water comes out, you'll be surprised how much does
- Pop the squeezed potatoes & onions into a new bowl, continue until all the potatoes have been squeezed and the moisture removed
- Next add your plain flour and beaten egg and stir until combined
- Season your potato mix with salt & black pepper
- Add 1 cal spray to your frying pan (or veg oil) and pop over a medium to high heat
- Divide your mix roughly into 4 (I fry 2 rosti's at once) for 4 minutes (watch they don't burn)
- Next using a fish slice flip them over carefully, and add more 1 cal spray
- Cook the other side, again for 4 minutes
- Whilst they are cooking, in a small bowl mix your greek yoghurt with horseradish and stir
- One your rostis are cooked, pop onto your serving plate (I stack one on top of the other) Add your slithers of smoked salmon, your greek yoghurt and garnish with fresh dill
- Finally season with salt & black pepper