Puff Pastry Pate Whirls! Ooooo Errrr
It’s party food season. Yes you heard it here first 🙂 Puff Pastry Pate Whirls are the answer!
And you will see the shelves packed with party food nibbles!!! And the fridges, And the freezers
Well these are my homemade whirls and let me tell you under no uncertain terms – these home made nibbles knock spots off those shop bought ones!
The issue with all these frozen / chilled ones is that I simply don’t understand why people buy them when we can make them?
These Pate Whirls are yum, easy and you can prepare ahead.
Make and freeze yourself in advance.
Then simply – when you want them you can grab them out of the freezer and whack them in the oven.
Bake and serve at the drop of a hat! Yip Yar
So how do you make them?
It’s as simple as one two three!!
Pastry – pate – herbs – roll
Chill/freeze – slice – freeze
Bake!! – Your Puff Pastry Pate Whirls
Why oh why would you buy all that party stuff?
I personally think the quality isn’t that great.
Also why do you want to serve 10 different types of nibbles, when 4 different types are just so much classier and if they are home made then so so much nicer!
These are so cheaty and so easy and so tasty
Please have a go, drop me a comment.
I love your comments!
Ooooo Errrr Pate Whirls!
And if you love handmade nibbles – have a look at these easy Smoked salmon on Rye Bread Canapés
- 1 pack ready rolled chilled Puff Pastry
- 1 pack smooth Brussels Pate mine was with roasted garlic too
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Herbs - any you like
- Salt and Black Pepper
- 1 Egg beaten
- Any fresh herbs for garnish
- Remove the pastry from the fridge and unroll
- Remove the pate from the tray and spread across the pastry, trying to keep it the same thickness
- Sprinkle on the dried herbs, season with salt and black pepper
- Next roll the pastry, starting at the short side, roll tight then wrap and pop in the freezer for 45 minutes ish, this will help firm up the sausage.
- Then cut into max 1cm slices/circles - pop on a tray and freeze, bag up and pop back in the freezer for when you want them.
- Before your guests arrive or the family want them - preheat the oven 200C/400F/Gas6
- Place on a baking tray with greaseproof paper with space around them (don't pack them on as they'll expand)
- Egg wash and bake for 12-15 minutes until golden and baked.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs SERVE!!! with something delicious to drink