Easy Deluxe Florentines
Recently I had the pleasure of meeting the lovely Hazel who owns Cupcake Daisy. She makes the most beautiful sweet products including these easy deluxe Florentines.
One of my personal favourites are FLORENTINES and Hazel’s Easy Florentines are deluxe and truly amazing (trust me I’ve eaten enough)
And I have twisted her arm to share her recipe with us -yey!!!
Oh my god look at that bowl full of wonderfulness! Yum
I could dive straight in!
These are perfect for Christmas too!
Try boxing them and offering to friends and family as presents – they’ll love you forever!
Hazel started baking when her mum had breast cancer and wanted to find treats that she might fancy which was really difficult.
Hazel mums treatment made things taste so strange and couple that with finding it difficult to swallow some foods, made things really tricky.
Since then Hazel’s mind simply doesn’t stop creating new sweet treats and creating new versions of traditional bakes.
This has now begun growing into a family business.
They love using local produce and source from local suppliers as much as possible. Hazel has told me that this really enhances the flavours and there are no nasty additives added at all!
This recipe is not for those delicate thin Florentines that are traditionally made.
This recipe is for Easy Deluxe Florentines lovers – who want LOTS of fruit & nuts in a generous size instead of a small bite. (Piggies like me)
Cupcake Daisy have started working with lovely local businesses who believe in the same ethos as them.
Various bakes and treats are currently stocked in Danbury Coop, Drink , Baddow Rd Chelmsford, Roos Coffee Cart Chelmsford Train Station and Holts of Witham.
So why not have a go – there is no better time to make these Easy Deluxe Florentines as it’s Christmas!!!!
Thanks Hazel for sharing your recipe
Another Chocolate Treat
And if you love these florentines I’m guessing you’ll also love this Rocky Road Recipe too
Bursting with chocolate, nuts, biscuits and marshmallows.
Actually you can put almost anything in a rocky road – perfect at Christmas time too
Big love Clare x
Easy Florentines - Deluxe
- 200 g Almonds
- 110 g Sultanas
- 60 g diced glacé cherries cherries and mixed peel can be substituted for any dried fruit of your choice
- 50 g mixed peel
- 50 g plain flour
- 120 g butter
- 160 g sugar
- 50 g double cream
- Chocolate Green & Blacks cooking Choc will work best
- Preheat oven to 160 c
- Melt butter & sugar over a low heat in a saucepan
- Meanwhile mix nuts, fruit & flour in a mixing bow
- Bring butter & sugar to simmer whilst stirring all the time to avoid burning. when ingredients are combined take of heat and add 50 mls double cream stirring continuously.
- Add to fruit & flour to mixing bowl and stir .
- Line a baking tray with greaceproof paper and spoon mixture onto tray in required portion sizes leaving space between each one .
- I like my Florentines to be large but you can make them into any size you like .
- Place tray in oven and cook for 10 mins ,turn tray after 10 mins and place back in the oven for a further 5 to 10 mins until golden
- The Florentines do spread when they bake so as soon as they come out of the oven use a knife to push the sides back into a circular shape on each florentine and leave to cool.
- Once cool turn each florentine over and cover in melted chocolate, pop in the fridge to set.
- This recipe is not for the delicate ,thin Florentines that are traditionally made,this is for Florentines lovers who want lots of fruit & nuts in a good size instead of a small bite