Easy Crispy chilli beef with noodles
A lovely authentic recipe for easy crispy chilli beef with noodles and it’s sooooooo flipping easy.
So, ask yourself – why would you go to the takeaway?
This is a real Fakeaway, I promise!
And you are in control of all the ingredients, timings, temperatures and it must be much healthier than from the takeaway!
You know that really crispy also crunch fatty stuff from the takeaway – well this is a whole heap better. Freshly made and authentic
It’s totally packed with flavour from the Chinese 5 Spice, ginger and garlic!
It’s a real change from other suppers and sometimes a change is as good as a rest hey! It’s a firm favourite in this house!
And don’t worry too much about the cut of beef, I have suggested sirloin or rump but any will do, whatever you fancy.
And you don’t have to get your car out the garage and hang about for 30 minutes waiting in the takeaway!
Have a go and let me know how you get on with this delightful chilli beef dish, please do drop me a comment under the recipe. I love to get your comments
If you like a little spice I think you may also like my Lamb Koftas
Easy Crispy chilli beef
- 200 g Sirloin or Rump steak 1/2
- 3 tablespoons Corn Flour
- 2 teaspoons Chinese 5 Spice
- 100 ml Sunflower oil
- Salt & Black pepper
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- Thumb size piece ginger grated
- 4 mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 Yellow pepper seeds removed
- 1/2 Red pepper seeds removed
- 6 Spring onions chopped (green ends for garnish)
- 1 red chilli finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Ketchup
- Egg Noodles - cooked
- Slice beef into very thin strips
- Mix cornflour, salt, pepper and 5spice in a bowl
- Put the beef into the cornflour mix and coat the strips
- Heat 100ml oil in a frying pan until hot, drop the beef in a fry until golden (looks a bit weird)
- Cook your noodles
- Once the beef is golden - lift out and place on kitchen roll
- Tip oil out of frying pan and add 1tsp oil, garlic, ginger, chilli and fry for 2 mins, then add spring onions peppers and mushrooms, fry for 2 mins until soft
- Mix rice wine vinegar in bowl with soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce, ketchup and approx. 1 tbsp water, mix
- Tip this mix into frying pan and heat for 2 minutes, it should be bubbling.
- Throw in the beef and heat for 1 minute
- Serve - noodles on plate and beef mix on top, finish with chopped spring onion