Christmas Pavlova Wreath – cheats version!
How beautiful does my Christmas Wreath Pavlova look?
However I need to tell you one thing, this is Soooooo easy it’s ridiculous, basically it’s just a construction job! I almost didn’t do a recipe card – but I decided to and it’s at the bottom of the post as always
You know what, I’m all for making life easy and it’s sometimes ok just to throw something together especially when it looks as beautiful as this!
Why should we have to make everything from scratch all the time?
Sometimes I just haven’t got time – so this is perfect
All the ingredients here are shop bought – you don’t even need to turn your oven on – but you can if you like.
I’ll link below to a fab meringue recipe you incase you can’t buy them
It is at its total best as soon as you make it. Shop bought meringues aren’t as robust as homemade ones and tend to disintegrate more quickly.
So PLEASE try and make it just before you want to eat it!!
Pretty Festive Pavlova
LOOK AT IT!!
Could it look any more christmassy?
Fifteen minutes – twenty tops and you’re there.
A beautiful festive dessert to wow your guests. Fresh too – yum yum
Step by step to your festive Cheat Pavlova Wreath
First place your 8 shop bought meringue nests on a pretty place in a circle
Step 2 – Raspberry coulis & cream
Whip your cream either by hand or using an electric mixer until stiff
Spoon or pipe a dollop on each nest
Then drizzle your shop bought raspberry coulis on the cream
If you can’t find raspberry coulis then simply crush some raspberries in a bowl with a touch of icing sugar ( sieve it if you want seedless – those pesky raspberry seeds)
Step 3 – Fill your pavlova wreath
Next spoon a further dollop in-between the meringue nests- disguising that they are nests
Then drizzle a little more raspberry sauce on
Step 4 – Decorate
Finally simply decorate with whatever you like. I used Strawberries, raspberries, blueberry, rosemary springs and a dusting of icing sugar. (looks like snow)
Pop it in the fridge and viola!! Domestic god, or goddess!
How long can I make my Pavlova before I eat it?
I would say make it as near to your event as possible – it’s so easy to make you only need 20 minutes
It is at its total best as soon as you make it. Shop bought meringues aren’t as robust as homemade ones and tend to disintegrate more quickly. So PLEASE try and make it just before you want to eat it!!
Homemade Meringue Recipe
If you’d like to make your own meringue simply follow my lovely friends recipe and dollop or pipe into a circle
Jenny makes the best meringues 🙂 Almost as lovely as her – just look at them
Other Festive Desserts
If you love this one I also think you’d like my No Bake Christmas Cheesecake – also super easy!
Oh and here’s an alternative ICE Cream Christmas Pudding
Hey why not? It’s get ahead and the kids love it 🙂
It’s basically an Ice Cream construction job – so simple
Savoury Christmas Wreath?
How about a savoury Sausage Roll Wreath – it’s so good and just look at it
Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas
Love Clare xx
Christmas Pavlova Wreath - total cheat!
- 8 Meringue Nests Or follow the meringue recipe in the post
- 1/2 Bottle Raspberry Coulis Or follow then instructions in the post
- 600 ml Double Cream you may not need it all
- 200 gram Strawberries Washed & halved
- 200 gram Raspberries
- 100 gram Blueberries
- 6 Sprigs fresh rosemary for decoration
- 20 gram Icing Sugar For disting
- On a large pretty plate arrange your 8 meringue nests in a circle
- Whip your double cream so it's thick, either by hand or using an electric mixer
- Using a teaspoon or piping bag, add a large dollop of cream ontop of every meringue nest
- Drizzle raspberry coulis over the cream so it runs a little down the sides
- Next add another dollop in between the nests (disguises they are nests) and add a touch more coulis
- Finally decorate with your fruits, adding the rosemary springs last
- Dust with icing sugar and that's it