Cherry Biscuits with Chocolate chips – yum!
These Cherry & Chocolate Chip Biscuits are so delicious and very easy to make, in fact they are so simple the kids can make them. These are also so quick and easy to make!
30 minutes start to finish and you’re good to go, so if you’ve only got a small amount of time these are for you
Cherries and c chocolate go so well together flavour wise they are delicious, a proper old fashioned bake
Cherry & Chocolate Chips Biscuits as presents
These biscuits atre also really sturdy and therefore make excellent biscuits to pack up and use as presents.
I love making things to give away! So much nicer to makme something than buy it
Perfect Cherry Biscuits for children to make
Why not get the kids in the kitchen cooking – these would be perfect to start with.
AND they can then eat them after maybe.
I for sure know that kids, once they are in the kitchen, love baking!
To be able to cook and bake is so important – go on – we owe it to them to teach them these life skills!
Kids Cooking – Biscuits are just the start
There are so many easy recipes on this site they can try – why not?
You could even allocate one evening and tell the kids it’s up to them to cook for the family one night a week?
Have a go at these yummy biscuits and let me know how you get on
Cherry & Chocolate Chip Biscuits
- 225 gram Self raising Flour
- Pinch of salt
- 170 gram Butter
- 110 gram Golden Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg beaten
- 75 gram Plain Chocolate Chips
- 100 gram Glace Cherries
- Preheat oven 180 C/ 350F / Gas 4
- Sift flour and salt into a bowl, then rub in the butter until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add sugar, Chocolate chips and chopped cherries
- Add the beaten egg and mix into a stiff dough, turn out onto a floured surface and knead gently until smooth.
- Wrap in cling film and chill in the fridge for minimum 30 mins.
- Remove from the fridge and cut in 5mm - 10mm slices (makes about 20 biscuits)
- Place these rounds on baking tray slightly press down - Do not place them to close or they'll stick together
- Pop a half Glace Cherry on top of each biscuit - push down
- Bake in oven for about 15 mins until golden.Enjoy!