Hi and welcome to
Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy
A place to inspire, share and talk everything kitchen with a side order of lifestyle and social ;)
Fifty Tips for Fifty Years….
Flipping heck I’m 50 this June – how on earth did that happen?! OMG!!!
So I thought I’d write my top 50 tips, observations, lessons and hacks!
Fifty Tips for Fifty Years….
1. Wear a sun hat! and a good SPF (I ‘roasted’ myself in my 20’s – not a good idea – I so wish I’d have used fake tan!)
2. Don’t over pluck those eyebrows – they simply don’t grow back
3. Eat brown bread and get used to it!
4. Don’t shop when you’re hungry – fatal!!
5. Sleep – the answer to most things ….. fact!
6. Just be! That’s totally fine ….
7. Always be kind, like really kind
8. Just let it go…….. yes really
9. Learn the inside out duvet cover trick…. it works
10. Learn to say no
11. Learn to say yes
12. Laugh a lot, seriously it’s so important
13. Learn to keep quiet when you need to, don’t pass judgement
14. Say I love you to those who are important! You NEVER know what might happen
15. Don’t fib – it doesn’t work. No not even white lies!
16. Whatever you try to do ALWAYS try your best
17. Work hard – there is no alternative to hard graft
18.Trust the magic of new beginnings
19. No guts, no glory
20. Hang on for your life to what’s important – but don’t be afraid to let it go
21. Do it with passion or not at all
22. One thing about those tables, they always turn!
23. True friends are those that love and support you through good times and bad and rock up with a cuddle!
24. Never stop learning it’s never too late
25. Always trust your gut instinct – if it doesn’t feel right it usually isn’t
26. Encourage and empower others with words and actions!
27. Look after your teeth – you only get one set…..
28. Try not to overthink…. it makes not the blind bit of difference
29. Design a life you love
30. Be strong enough to stand alone
31.Look after your parents – they looked after you!
32. So you’re a bit fat? So what – are you healthy?
33. Walk! just walk everywhere – it’s such good exercise and take those stairs… yawn
34. Try and combine your job with your passion – make earning money enjoyable
35. People are not mind readers. Tell them what you’re thinking
36. Be alone often – it helps you clear the rubbish
37. I know it’s flipping boring but you really do need to drink 8 glasses of water a day
38. Life is so tough – but so are we
39. Do some exercise – it really is good for your brain as well as your body
40. Never change the bed and forget to remake it before bedtime… awful!
41. Be REAL – you are what you are, warts and all!
42. Use a shower cap over your mixing bowl! Perfect for proving!
43.Eat those veggies! Make sure you eat a lot of colourful stuff
44. Sit still, once in a while
45. Get a memory box. Treasure those memories
46. Bake / Cook often – such fun
47. Find a flipping good hairdresser and stick with them
48. Be gentle, be kind – to yourself!
49. Steer clear of idiots – you just don’t need them in your life!
50. Jump him now…. Overthink it later
Wow 50 things – what would you add? – please let me know by dropping a comment underneath the post! I would so love to hear! Or let me know which one is your fave?!
Big love (in fact 50 loves) Cx