Veggie Tikka Biryani, kinda
Oh I just didn’t know what to call this dish! I went back and forth between, cauliflower tikka, sweet potato tikka, veggie biryani, vegan cauliflower tikka, I just couldn’t decide – anyway what you need to know is this dish is a wonderful blend of (I settled on Veggie Tikka Biryani – still not sure it’s the best description – anyways).
Whatever it’s called it doesn’t really matter – it tastes good
Eat Less Meat?
I think there are a lot of people who are not vegetarian or vegan, but still trying to eat less meat generally.
It maybe for the planet or for healthy or for both. Doesn’t really matter, I think it’s really useful to have a few meat free dinners a week.
I try to go for at least three – that’s just me
Ingredients are simple for this Vegan Cauliflower Tikka!
- Red onion
- Sweet Potato
- Tikka spices (I buy a tub from the super market)
- Garlic and a few other bits
How to Make your Veggie Cauliflower Biryani
Well it really couldn’t be simpler
You simply cook your rice according to on pack instructions
And sauté your veggies
Add you rice – heat through and you’re good to go
Full recipe at the bottom on the recipe card
Serving suggestions for your Cauliflower Tikka dish
It’s perfect for a quick mid week dinner. I make more and take a portion to work and eat cold. It;’s lovely cold too
You could also serve it cold as a party dish or at a BBQ?
Or maybe as a side to another curry?
So many many uses for this vegan tikka dish
Free – yes syn free if you use 1 cal spray. If not count your olive oil – simple
It’s also vegan 🙂
The Slimming Group
I also have a Facebook Closed Group called Easy Peasy Slimming Style Recipes .
Come over and join this great honest community Facebook for Easy Peasy Slimming Recipes if you’re interested
Just use the join button if you like real home cooked tasty easy food!!
We support encourage and laugh!!
Loads of tips and tricks – I promise
Oh and why not join me on Instagram – I’d love to see you there 🙂
Big Love Clare x
Other tasty Morsels
If you love this then I think you’ll like my Healthy Onion Bahjis too
Veggie Tikka Biryani, kinda
- 1 Fry Lite Cooking Spray or olive oil or 1 cal spray
- 1 Clove Garlic Peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Medium Cauliflower broken into small florets
- 1 Medium Sweet Potato Peeled and cut into 2 cm dice
- 1 medium Red Onion Peeled & sliced into 1 cm strips
- 2 teaspoons Tikka Spice You may want 3 teaspoons
- 125 gram Spinach leaves
- 200 gram Rice dry weight
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Firstly get your rice on and cook according to on pack instructions, once cooked, drain and pop on one side
- In the meantime, In a large frying pan or solid bottom oven proof casserole dish spray with your fry light or if you are using olive oil add a drizzle
- Next over a medium heat add your, small cauliflower florets, sweet potatoes, red onion, garlic, half your spinach and finally your tikka spices
- Fry for 15 minutes stirring very often, it's quite a long time as you need both your cauliflower, onions and sweet potato to soften until almost tender
- Next season with salt & pepper
- Finally add your cooked rice, and the remaining spinach leaves
- Stir over the heat until everything is combined and piping hot
- Taste and season accordingly and there you have it