Sausage Roll Wreath
A really easy to make Sausage Roll Wreath garland.
Filled with top quality pork sausages, on a bed of cranberry sauce, all encased in delicious buttery puff pastry, so festive!
The perfect party food, a fabulous tear and share treat. A savoury masterpiece with a punch of cranberry sweetness! That will enhance any festive table . Is there anything better than warm flakey pastry with favour packed sausages with the amazing sweetness of cranberries – TOTALLY delicious!
I’ve decorated mine with fresh rosemary and fresh cranberries, BUT imagine a baked camembert in the middle!! Wow 🙂
How to make your Christmas Sausage Roll Wreath Garland
It really is quite easy – here’s a step by step (recipe card at the bottom of the post
Step 1- construct your Sausage Rolls to make your Wreath
Grab your chilled puff pastry and unroll
Cut lengthways into 2
Add one tablespoon cranberry sauce to each oblong and spread out with a teaspoon
Remove the skin from your sausages and place 3 sausages end to end down the pastry
Step 2 – roll & seal your Sausage Rolls
Using a pastry brush use egg on one side of each roll and roll the pastry over the sausages
seal the edge with a fork by making small indents
Step 3 – make your Sausage Wreath
Grab a large baking sheet and line with baking paper / greaseproof paper and place your 2 large sausage rolls on the paper making a circle
Try and best as you can to seal the joins together – don’t worry too much of a perfect join – just do your best
Step 4 – cut your Wreath and glaze
Using a knife half cut into 10-14 pieces – do not cut all the way through, just half
Then slightly pull apart so you can see the slits – as below
Take a little time and shape to the best circle you can
Glaze with beaten egg
Step 5 – Bake your Festive Sausage Wreath
Bake as per recipe card instructions, transfer very carefully to a plate or a chopping board and decorate as you wish
I think it’s better saved warm fresh from the oven
What sausages should I use for my festive wreath
Well I use very good quality sausages:
here I used caramelised onion ones.
However pork & leek, Pork and Apple are also yummy.
Just pick your favourites
(Always remove the skins! )
To serve your Easy Sausage Wreath
Well why not warm straight from the oven with a mulled wine? Always best…
Why not pop a baked camembert in the middle – yum!!
Leftover Sausage Roll Wreath
What is this?? Ha ha
Even though I’m sure it will last that long to be honest – but it’s also great cold then next day
Simply left it cool and pop it in an airtight container in the fridge – it will be good for 2 days
Can you freeze your Festive Sausage Wreath?
Simply put – yes and my advice – make two!
Make it up as above then freeze it UNBAKED
I would then defrost on the morning you need it, egg wash and bake
You can really get ahead (always great at Christmas) and then tuck into delicious warn pastry and sausage-meat – so good
Others sausage Recipes
I really hope you enjoy it!!
I’d love to see yours
Sausage Roll Wreath - perfect for sharing
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 320 gram Ready Made Puff Pastry Chilled ready rolled
- 2 tbsp Cranberry Sauce
- 6 Pork Sausages Mine were caramelised onion ones
- 1 Egg For glazing
- Cranberries Fresh
- Fresh Rosemary Fresh
- Preheat your oven to 200C (190C fan) Gas 6
- Remove your pastry from the fridge and unroll
- Using a knife cut into 2 long oblongs
- Add 1 table spoon of Cranberry sauce to the centre of each pastry and using a teaspoon to spread - do not sp[read to the sides
- Next placed your skinned sausages along the length end to end. Three on each piece
- Then egg wash one side of each of the oblongs and roll your pastry over to make 2 long sausage rolls. Place the fold on the bottom (used a fork to seal)
- Grab a large baking tray and line with baking paper / greaseproof paper and grease with your olive oil
- Then place your 2 large sausage rolls into a circle shape - try and join the 2 ends together, using egg - don't worry too much
- Next cut slits in the circle, however only half way through. then slightly pull apart
- Egg wash and bake for 45-50 minutes until golden brown
- Decorate with rosemary twigs and cranberries for that festive feel