Hi and welcome to
Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy
A place to inspire, share and talk everything kitchen with a side order of lifestyle and social ;)
‘I should CoCo!’ Breakfast Bars made using coconut oil
‘I should CoCo!’ Breakfast Bars made using Coconut oil (or anytime bars )
I’ve been experimenting a lot with coconut oil as the benefits are supposed to be immense, even if the oil itself is very calorific. BUT it’s good fat – apparently! So I have developed the most wonderful ‘I should CoCo Bars’ perfect for breakfast or any time. Who doesn’t want Breakfast Bars made using Coconut oil so scrummy. They are made not only using Coconut oil, but pumpkins seeds, oats and honey! Delicious!
Flipping lovely at anytime. Would be perfect before or after exercise! I used ‘VitaCoco’ as its raw and organic and readily available at the supermarket. Did you know there are so many amazing uses for coconut oil – from recipes to skin & hair care and also for whitening teeth?! I have a lot of experimenting to do and I’m looking forward to developing more recipes with Vito Coco Coconut Oil. Already I’m using it for frying, lovely. Next I hope to make a nice fruity loaf! Watch this space.
- 125g Raw Organic Coconut oil – it will be solid and white in appearance
- 125g Honey – I used Clear
- 170g Oats -I used Scotch Porridge (I think you can get Gluten Free Oats)
- 50g Dried Cranberries
- 50g Pumpkin Seeds
- 75g Chopped Dried Apricots
- I wanted bars so I made mine in 2 loaf tins with liners (I’m lazy )
- Preheat the oven 180C / 350F / Gas Mark 4
- In a saucepan melt the coconut oil and honey until clear
- Add the oats, seeds and fruits stir really well
- Press the mix into the tin/s – I used the back of a spoon to level
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until golden brown and firm
- Leave to cool totally in the tin – you need to do this as tempting as it is to try some
- When cool cut into bars or squares – they are quite crumbly, but lovely and are firmer the next day
- Really delicious!