Easy! Soft, moist chicken on the inside and crispy on the outside.
- 4 slices old bread whizzed into breadcrumbs (or grated)
- 1 Egg beaten
- 1 garlic clove very finely chopped
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Parmesan finely grated
- 1/2 Tablespoon chopped fresh herbs- any
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- 3 Chicken breasts fillets - slices into approx. 5 strips
- Olive Oil or Fry light
Pre-heat your oven to 220C/gas 7/425F
Prepare a baking tray by covering in foil or straight onto tray - you might want a spray of oil to stop them sticking
In a bowl mix your breadcrumbs and mix with the Garlic, grated Parmesan, herbs and freshly chopped fresh herbs
In another bowl beat your egg
Put your chicken strips in another bowl
So now you have 3 bowls lined up
Take a strip of raw chicken, dip it in the egg, then into the breadcrumb mix - then onto your baking tray
Repeat until all strips are covered
Drizzle with olive oil, or spray with Fry Light
Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until golden brown
Serve with crushed new potatoes and peas, or they are fab in a sarnie with spinach and mayo!
*** All nutritional information is approximate and intended as a guide
Easy Chicken Goujons!
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.