Hi and welcome to
Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy
A place to inspire, share and talk everything kitchen with a side order of lifestyle and social ;)
Chickpea, mushroom & Sweetcorn Burgers! Yes best veggie burger!
Chickpea, Mushroom & Sweetcorn Burgers! Yes best veggie burger!
I hadmy lovely friend coming round for lunch, but the question is what could I make her? She’s on a vegan ‘ish’ diet – she’s so flipping healthy! So a little challenge for easypeasylemonsqueezy – no worries! These Veggie burgers are vegan actually apart from the egg white – my friend is allowed egg white!
A tasty burger with a smashed avocado salad? Yes please…..
So I give you Chickpea, Mushroom & Sweetcorn Burgers! Yes best veggie burger!
Have a go they are simply so good and full of flavour!
(P.S – they wouldn’t survive a BBQ – too fragile)
Makes 6-8 burgers
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 250g chestnut mushroom, finely chopped
- Bunch of Spring Onions, peeled and chopped into 1/2cm pieces
- 400g can of Chickpeas, rinsed and drained well
- Can of Sweetcorn, rinsed and drained well
- 2 Teaspoons Curry Powder
- Zest & juice of 1 Lime
- 100g fresh wholemeal breadcrumb (just grate the bread)
- Handful Chopped Corriander (optional)
- 1 Free-Range Egg White
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and add the garlic, mushrooms and spring onions, fry for 10 minutes on a high heat, string every now and then
- In a large bowl, mash the sweetcorn and the chickpeas with a potato masher! Put in some effort – remember those bingo wings!
- Add the fried mushrooms and spring onions to the chickpea and sweetcorn mix and mix
- Add the Chopped Coriander, lime juice and curry powder
- Next mix in the breadcrumbs and egg white – give it a good mix and season
- Take a good handful and squish it together and then form a patty – they tend to fall apart a bit – but just squish back together.
- Chill for 30 mintes
- Then fry in Olive oil in a large frying pan for approx. 10 minutes – 5 on each side. Now these are really fragile – try not to break them! Use a fish slice
- I served mine on top of an avocado salad – drizzled in olive oil and lime juice